2018 Legislative Platform
MASE Legislative goals -- to share when
you meet with your legislators!
• Improve Student Outcomes Through Emphasis of Evidence-Based
• Increase Educational Efficiency
• Increase Qualified Special Education Candidates
• Support a Single Special Education Funding Formula that is Stable,
Equitable Across Districts, and Simplified to be Predictable and Consistent
• Click here to view the 2018 MASE Legislative Platform, with key Legislative contacts
• Click Here for the Expanded version of MASE Platform
ESEA Flexibility Process
The MN Department of Education provides materials with a substantive overview of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) flexibility process, also known as ESEA waivers. Using these waivers, 43 states (including MN and the District of Columbia) have applied for and received flexibility regarding certain provisions of ESEA.
The Opportunity of ESEA Flexibility brochure, provided by the U.S. Department of Education, explains the rationale and intent of ESEA flexibility.
Related fact sheets:
During the legislative session, all MASE members receive a weekly update via email from MASE Legislative Consultant Brad Lundell or
Click Here to View