The MASE board is comprised of 31 elected and appointed members.
• 5 officers: president, president-elect, past-president, secretary, treasurer. Elected by MASE membership. The president serves three years: one as president-elect, one as president, and one as past-president. Secretary and treasurer serve two-year terms.
• 10 area representatives: one from each MASE area and one retired representative. Appointed by their areas to two-year terms.
• 2 MASA Component Group representatives: serving on both the MASE and MASA boards. Elected by MASA membership to three-year terms.
• 2 ex officio liaison representatives: CASE and MNCEC liaisons. Appointed by the president-elect to two-year terms.
• 3 ex officio staff representatives: Executive Director, Director of Professional Development and Legislative Consultant.
• 9 nonvoting committee chair/co-chairs: from the six MASE standing committees. Appointed by the president-elect on an annual basis.
MASE Leadership Nominations Now Open!
Nominations are open until January 8, 2018 for the MASE offices of: President-Elect and Secretary.
MASE President-Elect 2018-2019 The President-Elect serves one year, followed by one year as President and one year as Past President.
Duties as President-Elect: The President-Elect shall serve in the event of resignation or absence of the President. S/he shall serve as Co-chair of the Strategic Planning and Federal Advocacy Committees, appoint a Chair/Co-chair-Elect to each Standing Committee, and have such other responsibilities as necessary in regard to matters as delegated by the President and/or Board of Directors.
The President-Elect travels to Washington, D.C. for CASE summer legislative and CASE fall Board meeting.
Duties as President - 2019-2020: The President shall preside at the annual business meeting of MASE and at the meetings of the Board of Directors. S/he shall appoint ad hoc committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the officers. This officer shall act for MASE between annual meetings, clearing, by mail, telephone, e-mail or other forms of electronic communication whenever necessary, important actions with the officers. The President, or such alternate as s/he may designate, shall represent MASE at meetings of other groups where MASE representation is desired or required. The President may appoint a parliamentarian to serve at all business meetings of MASE. The President shall serve as a standing member of the Business Partnership Committee.
MASE Secretary 2018-2020: The Secretary serves a two-year term.
Duties as Secretary: The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes of MASE meetings and meetings of the officers. S/he shall carry on correspondence and other responsibilities as necessary in regard to matters as delegated by the President and/or Board of Directors.
graciously sponsors the MASE site.
MASE builds strong leaders who work on behalf of students with disabilities.